Located 30 miles east of Sacramento on Interstate 80, at the base of the Sierra foothills, at approximately 1000 feet above sea level, the Penryn Fire District covers an area of 10.5 square miles, serving 1164 homes, 63 businesses and a permanent population of nearly 6,000 people. The district also serves a large area of Interstate 80 and the east & west bound Union Pacific rail lines and underground petroleum pipeline. The district responds to more than 500 calls each year; 60% of these calls are medical in nature with the remaining 40% being primarily fire type calls. Automatic and mutual aid agreements with neighboring jurisdictions are in place to provide an increased level of protection and to ensure the most efficient service to the community.
The district's main station is located in the center of town of Penryn, at 7206 Church St. The station is staffed 24 hours a day by two qualified personnel. These personnel are augmented by resident firefighters. In 1995 the district implemented a Resident Firefighter Program. These residents must be at least 18 years of age and are able to live outside the district. These residents ride along with the paid staff on a 24 hour predetermined schedule, adding to the personnel on our first out apparatus.
Among the district's paid and resident staff are members who are specialized in particular areas. Some of these areas include: Incident Command System, Apparatus Driver Operator, Hazardous Materials, Swift Water Rescue, Advanced Rescue Systems, Fire Prevention, Training & Safety.
The Penryn Fire District prides itself on it's professionalism and progressive nature. The district believes in 100% customer satisfaction; this includes achieving the highest levels of training in order to ensure the prevention of loss of life and property. The district is involved in its community by providing fire and life safety inspections, public education and special programs at local schools. In support of community relations, the Penryn Fire District would like to invite you to visit its facilities and staff. If you have any questions, feel free to contact us. Any of us would be happy to help you.